March 7, 2010

The Crazies!


I was going to ignore the remake of George A. Romero's The Crazies for inappropriately using Gary Jules' "Mad World" in the trailer but the film is doing much better than initially expected so I have to acknowledge it. Hell, if it is as good as people say it is, I might even watch it! Still, though, just how far will we go with all of this remake bullshit? Should we go all out and cover all of Hitchcock's territory as well? Just look at my last few postings for American movies: bloody remakes is all they are. This week I'm going in a different direction by watching sequels, and I think I'll start with all the sequels to the original Godzilla (1954). That ought to wash away the bitter aftertaste left by the lack of balls in Hollywood when it comes to original scripts. In any case, enjoy the trailer if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment